Special Projects/Project Management and Provider Publications
The Special Projects/Project Management and Provider Publications is responsible for:
- Ensure compliance of the Florida Medicaid Management Information System (FMMIS) with federal and state regulations; develop federal Advance Planning Documents (APD) to receive approval for Medicaid system projects and enhanced federal funding, and develop state Legislative Budget Requests (LBR) for fiscal agent projects.
- Assist in the planning and development of the Agency’s initiatives as related to Medicaid law and policy, including Health Information Technology Initiatives.
- Apply Project Management Office (PMO) structure to mandated special projects, including:
- Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), the federal initiative for promoting improvements in the Medicaid enterprise and systems.
- Continued coordination of the implementation of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) transaction and code set changes as they are developed and mandated for implementation by providers, health plans and payers.
- Advise Medicaid management of mandates and funding needs.
- Editing provider publications, direct and monitor Fiscal Agent distribution of provider publications.
- Coordinating, directing, and monitoring publication of the Provider Web Portal.