Assisted Living Unit
- Assisted Living Facilities - designed to provide personal care services in the least restrictive and most home-like environment. These facilities can range in size from one resident to several hundred and may offer a wide variety of personal and nursing services designed specifically to meet an individual's personal needs.
[ALF Generator Information - Emergency Power Related Rules]
- Adult Day Care Centers - provide therapeutic programs of social and health services as well as activities for adults in a non-institutional setting. Participants may utilize a variety of services offered during any part of a day, but less than a 24-hour period.
- Adult Family Care Homes - residential home designed to provide personal care services to individuals requiring assistance. The provider must live in the home and offers personal services for up to 5 residents.
Emergency Status System
The Agency for Health Care Administration (Agency) requires all licensees providing residential or inpatient services to use an Agency approved database for reporting its emergency status, planning or operations. The Agency approved database for reporting this information is the Emergency Status System (ESS).
Filing a Complaint
- If you have a concern regarding care or services being provided to you or a loved one in an Assisted Living Facility, Adult Family Care Home, or Adult Day Care Center, please call 1-888-419-3456 or click the following link for further information: Complaint Administration Unit.
- If you have a concern regarding Medicaid, including reimbursements, please contact our Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Program.
- If you have a complaint concerning Medicaid, please call the Medicaid Helpline at 1-877-254-1055 (TDD 1-866-467-4970). Staff are available to assist you Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5 pm EST.